We want to ensure the parade goes ahead safety. Your health, safety and welfare are paramount. We will continue to monitor the Ministry of Health’s advice and implement any requirements for all participants of the parade as required.
Will vaccination passports be required?
Vaccination is an important tool to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 within our community. The government has indicated that vaccination certificates will be mandated to participate in large scale events from November 2021 although has not outlined the requirements for an outdoor large-scale event with no fixed entry and exit points. We will communicate any additional changes once announced.
We encourage all parade participants to get vaccinated to protect themselves, their whānau and our community from COVID-19.
Don’t be a drag and miss out on the jab. Book an appointment today at: https://bookmyvaccine.covid19.health.nz/
COVID-19 measures for the 2022 Auckland Rainbow Parade
Covid-19 updates will be communicated via email to the nominated contact(s), however the below measures are already in place. New measures will be automatically added here:
- Each registered organization/community group is responsible for ensuring their participants/walking marshalls and event crew including helpers adhere to MoH Guidelines and any conditions communicated by Rainbow Pride Auckland relating to Covid-19
- Each participant/walking marshall, event crew and helpers must scan the parade COVID-19 QR code at their allocated position in the mustering area.
- Turn Bluetooth tracing on for your NZ COVID-19 app
- If you wish to sign in manually you can do this with one of the event crew
- Hand sanitizer will be available from the event crew and we encourage groups to bring hand sanitizer/wipes etc with
- The wearing of face masks is encouraged
- When considering your groups participation, choreography and number of participants, consider allowing additional space between participants for social distancing
- Consider having you and your group tested 72 hours before the parade date
- Please stay home if you’re feeling unwell and get advice about a COVID-19 test.
What happens if the parade is postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions?
Should the Auckland Rainbow Parade not go ahead on Saturday 19 February, it will be postponed until Saturday 19 March. Parade registrations will be transferred to the postponement date.
What happens if the parade cannot proceed on the postponement date?
If the parade cannot proceed on the postponement date due to Covid-19 restrictions, groups are eligible to receive a refund (25% of their registration fee) or can opt to have the refund either donated to a rainbow community group or retained by Rainbow Pride Auckland to assist with event costs.